Wednesday 17 August 2011

Being a good example

In church on Sunday, the preacher urged us to be good examples to younger Christians - he challenged  us: are we living lives that will encourage younger members of the family in their walk with God?

It made me think - am I living a life that shows forth honesty and integrity; am I passionate about caring for my family, for other people and for mission; am I spending my money in ways which are honouring to God; do I meet with other Christians for mutual encouragement; am I standing up for what is right? In short, am I being salt and light where the Lord has placed me?

Complaining, becoming lethargic, selfish and spending more time than I should with the telly or pc is not difficult and is a slippery slide - I was glad to be reminded of Paul's words to Timothy, "In all things you yourself must be a good example."

No comments:

Post a Comment