Wednesday 25 February 2015


NEW STORY FROM DERNIER

 PUBLISHING!





 

 
 

Hello! Janet here. I'm a publisher of Christian books for children, but I also love to write! I'd like to introduce you now to my latest story, Revenge of the Flying Carpet.

When my children started to read 'chapter books' it was difficult finding Christian stories for them to read. Where were the books where the characters pray, read the Bible, go on adventures and solve mysteries? :-) What about books where children discover that God loves them? At the back of my mind I felt a calling to start up a publishing company, but it seemed impossible (and ridiculous!). Why me? I had no background in business, publishing, sales, or marketing! So I did what came easier to me and started writing stories instead!

Then in 2003 my first husband died, and I decided that if the Lord wanted me to do something I'd better get on with it. None of us knows how long we have. So I took a deep breath and set up Dernier Publishing. After all, I guessed that if I was looking for Christian books for my children, many more people must be searching too.

I didn't want to ruin anyone else's stories while I was still finding out what to do, so I finished writing London's Gone and followed it up with The Treasure Hunt and Mystery in the Snow. Bit by bit I learnt how to transform these stories from Word documents into paperbacks, and so Dernier Publishing was born. (Yes, that is a strange name, but I used to live in a Dernier Road!)By the grace of God we now have several authors working with us.
We have thirteen books in paperback and several more on the way - we also have some wonderful posters and useful prayer booklets. You can find them all on the Dernier Publishing website. (Click here to go to the Dernier Publishing website)
Let me tell you a bit about Revenge of the Flying Carpet, though. The main character is a fourteen-year-old boy called Paul who has a sister who makes his life a misery. Paul finds a magic carpet in his gran's dusty loft, and thinks it's going to help him to get revenge on Trinity, but instead . . . no, I won't tell you any more!


Just to say, the story explores the themes of revenge, justice, forgiveness and mercy in a Christian context. I hope and pray that many young people around the world (10-14-ish) will enjoy reading the story and also find it encouraging, inspiring and even helpful. After all, forgiveness is at the heart of the good news of Jesus.

Revenge of the Flying Carpet is currently only available as a kindle book. I hope to bring it out as a paperback at some point, but some other new books are taking precedence. (Email me if you don't receive the Dernier Publishing newsletter to make sure you don't miss out on any new releases!)Email Janet

Here are a couple of reviews:

A brilliant, captivating story which includes good biblical truths about forgiveness, mercy and being a follower of Christ. I really enjoyed reading it and couldn't wait to get to the next chapter!” - Naomi

Very engaging. I understood from it the importance of forgiveness.” - Reuben 
The price is $2.99 (£1.99) from the Amazon kindle store. (Don't worry if you don't have a kindle, anybody can read Kindle books—even without a Kindle device—with the FREE Kindle app for smartphones, tablets and computers.)

Click here to browse or buy!


And please let me know what you think!

Thank you for reading. :-)

Janet

Janet Wilson
Founder of Dernier Publishing

P.S. I was Evans before I was Wilson. :-) Because I already had three books out, I decided to stick to Evans for this new book. But it's still me!
P.P. S. The M stands for Mary :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment