Thursday 9 October 2014

Dernier Publishing news, October 2014





I made jam!
 Having gifts and being fruitful are two completely different things. We often admire people who are gifted, and hold them in high esteem. Gifts are great, but we all have a responsibility to bear fruit, using the gifts we have been given – that's what really matters. We're not supposed to be building our own empires with the things the world things are important – power, prestige and popularity – we're supposed to be growing good fruit; fruit that lasts. (Oh, and I made the jam to make my fruit last! :-) Sorry, that's such a tenuous link but I'm really pleased with my blackberry jam – if you'd like to taste it come on over!)
I am delighted to tell you that we have sold more books this year than ever before, so far. It's still not a lot in commercial terms (I have so much more to learn about marketing!) and I have no idea how much fruit will come from those books, but it's thrilling to see them go out. And we could sow so many more seeds . . . I have so many boxes of books just waiting for homes.


School packs
With that in mind, if you have a child or grandchild in Years 3 to 8, or if you have links with a local school, would you consider buying a pack for their school class library, please, because schools are always looking for books! Just for this month (October 2014), and only to newsletter subscribers, each pack will be just £25.00. If you would like a pack, email me on info@dernierpublishing.com now and let me know which one you would like. Imagine if we could get our books into every school in the country and every child had the opportunity to read the message in a story!
Year 3 School Pack

Year 4 School Pack


Year 5 School Pack



Year 6 School Pack
Year 7 School Pack
Year 8 School Pack


Christian Parenting Challenge
The Christian Parenting Challenge is still up and running; I had a message from a Hindu lady who asked if it was OK for her to follow the blog, even though she is not a Christian. I get so many SPAM messages that I was at first suspicious that it was hoax, but this mum also has a genuine blog . . . she said, “Your blog is lovely. I write to you as a parent, though not a Christian one, but a Hindu one. The concerns and challenges you have set up and shared here relate to my concerns today as a parent of two amazing boys, 13 and 6.
I would very much like to be a part of your community as I believe we can learn much from others who have walked the path. It's just that I was not sure if you would be comfortable having a non-church going follower.”
Of course I said yes! If you would like to come over and subscribe, please do! http://christianparentingchallenge.wordpress.com Or join us on facebook: www.facebook.com/christianparentingchallenge and invite your friends – let's support and help each other. :-)


Greek translations
One of our supporters, Michelle, is hoping to get our books translated into Greek, because there are so few Christian books for Greek children, and very little evangelical activity in Greece. Michelle currently lives in Cyprus. If you would like to join in this exciting venture, hop over to https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greek-Christian-Translations-Resources and keep in touch. Michelle says, “I have found an organisation called Christian Lingua (http://www.christianlingua.com) who do professional translation in all languages of Christian resources. I explained what I want to do and that I will try to focus on raising funds to get resources translated, proof read and then printed and distributed. At this point no commitments have been made. I am just researching possibilities. Worth a try, Its in the Lord's hands who knows....”
It's true that the Lord can do more than we can ask for or imagine! Thank you in advance for your support. :-)


Beech Bank Girls 4

Beech Bank Girls 4 is going to paperback! We now have enough funds to begin production, so DV this lovely fourth book in the Beech Bank Girls series will be out in the spring. Whooo hooo! If you would like to buy the kindle version while you are waiting, you can do so here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beech-Bank-Girls-Time-Remembered-ebook/dp/B00MAM0JBG


If you or your girls have read this lovely book, would you be kind enough to leave feedback now? Only one person has left a review so far . . . the more reviews we have, the further up the Amazon ladder we go, and the more they will promote the book. Even a few words count! Thank you for your help.


And there we go, that's all the news for now – oh no it's not, there's the Write for a Reason course! We're half way through the first course and I'm thrilled how students have engaged with the material. If you would like to know more, go to: www.write-for-a-reason.com. Or email me on the usual address!
With thanks as always for your prayers, your encouragement and your support,

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment